Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ludum Dare!

So this year I have decided to participate in the Ludum Dare main competition.

A long time ago when I first thought about getting into game development, I happened upon the Ludum Dare site while researching where to get started. Back then I was thinking how would anybody make a game from scratch in only two days, I was amazed and thought that I would never be able to do it. Well, years have gone by and now I'm pretty confident that I can.

I'm going to make the game from scratch using:
flashdevelop, lmms, GIMP, sfxr, and probably notepad for levels.

Over the past few weeks I've been gathering knowledge about as3 and flash development. Yesterday I threw together a little "tech demo" in a couple hours to test what I know so far.
This was the first test that I have made just to see if what I knew worked. What I'm doing is, every day until Ludum Dare starts I'm throwing something together completely from scratch in a day so when it's time for the real deal it will seem easier because it's two days instead of only one.

I made this test yesterday so today I'm going to try and include tiles and collisions. This time if it turns out good enough I will put it on Kongregate so you guys can test it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment